Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cool Creamy Banana Smoothie

Untitled


Since I am on summer break from school, I thought I would share a nummy recipe of mine I recently discovered. Last night I was feeling a little under the weather. I really wanted a chocolate shake or some sherbet but it was almost bedtime for my little one and I didn't want to drive anywhere. I looooove Banana Cream Pie shakes. This reminds me of those, but these pack a lot less calories because they don't have ice cream in them. Here is what I used:

2 very ripe bananas (because this is what I had, they don't have to be very ripe)
1 & 1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons of vanilla
1 ice cube
and 1/8 teaspoon of sugar (optional)

You have two options here with the bananas. You can either freeze them before hand, or you can just add two ice cubes after mixing to "shake" with your smoothie. I have one of those cheap mixers and I didn't have time to freeze the bananas so I just stuck two extra ice cubes into my mixer cup (or a mason jar) and shook my banana smoothie martini style to get it more chilled. I have to have my drinks freezing cold haha.

Take one ice cube and blend it in blender with milk. Add 1 sliced banana and mix. Add 2nd sliced banana and mix until smooth. Add in vanilla and sugar and mix again until smooth. Serve in glass, over ice if desired. Cinnamon is also a wonderful way to add variety, (just a sprinkle). I love cinnamon.
This is one of my new favorite recipes. This was so creamy and delicious, it coated my upset stomach and made me feel a little bit better. Because there is so little added sugar in it, I didn't have to feel guilty about consuming it either. I can't wait until I buy more bananas so I can make this again!


First photo was taken by Emily Baron 03/12/2011.  I accessed this photo on 06/01/2013. This photographer does not endorse myself, this blog, or any manner of use of this photo. This photo was taken from www.flickr.com. The second photo was taken by Marja Flick-Buijs. It was published on 05/11/2011. I accessed the photo on 06/01/2013. This photographer does not endorse myself, this blog, or any manner of use of this photo. This photo was taken from www. rgbstock.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment